10TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE BADALONA GUITAR ASSOCIATION
The Association was created in January 2012 at the initiative of a group of professionals from the world of classical guitar from Badalona, together with several fans, in order to organize events in our city that had classical and flamenco guitar as the protagonist.
The purpose was to spread knowledge of this instrument from all its aspects and contribute to the promotion of music and culture in general at the local and regional level, with the hope of also organizing national or international activities around the classic guitar.
Thanks to the economic support and the work of the members, whose number has been growing over this time, and the support of some enthusiastic sponsors who have positively valued their activity, the Badalona Guitar Association has managed in these ten years to establish a regular guitar concerts in our city and bring to fruition other initiatives that, without their existence, would have been impossible.
10 YEARS IN PICTURES - THE SUMMARY:
- The Association has brought great figures of the world of classical or flamenco guitar to Badalona in ten Autumn Concerts:
- The Association has organized four international competitions for classical guitar students of all ages. Twenty performers from six different countries participated in the last one, held in 2019.
- It has promoted children's and youth concerts, especially promoting guitar students from the Badalona Conservatory.
- In addition to concerts in theaters or auditoriums, the Association has brought classical guitar to other environments by organizing outdoor recitals, concerts in libraries, cultural centers, neighborhood associations, shopping centers, churches, even in a residence for the Elderly People in Badalona, where several guitar students offered a concert for the residents and their families:
- The Association has also organized two solidarity concerts to raise funds for the Badalona NGO Proactiva Open Arms, with a parallel exhibition on its activity and with the presence of various members at the concerts:
- Throughout these years, the Association has collaborated with other entities or institutions, such as the Badalona Conservatory, Casa América Catalunya, Asociación Musical y Cultural José Luis Lopategui, Festival ART Llobet, Festival Internacional de Guitarra de l'Hospitalet de l'Infant, El Corte Inglés, Saltamartí Llibres, Associació de Veïns del Centre de Badalona, Comunitat dels Carmelites Descalços de Badalona, Centre Especial de Treball Caltor, Fundació Roca i Pi, Institut Guttmann.
But perhaps the most outstanding event in the Association's curriculum has been the Badalona International Guitar Conference that we organized in 2017 on the occasion of the bicentennial of the birth of the luthier Antonio de Torres, the guitar maker who laid the constructive foundations of the current classical guitar.
During three intense days we were able to attend 4 high-level concerts, 6 conferences and contemplate an unprecedented exhibition of Torres guitar replicas from all over the world. All events were open to the public and free. The event involved a great effort, which was compensated with the satisfaction and recognition of the attendees, the participants and with the congratulations sent to us by the distinguished guitar maker José Luis Romanillos, surely the greatest connoisseur of the work and legacy of Torres, something that filled us with satisfaction.
The Board of the Badalona Guitar Association wants to thank the support and work of its members and collaborators, as well as the support of the sponsors who have contributed during these 10 years to make the dream of classical guitar enthusiasts be a reality today.
Oh!... and soon we will announce the activities planned for 2022, the year of the 10th Anniversary... because this continues, don't miss it!!
Do you want to be a member of the Badalona Guitar Association?
You can find more information about our activities on this website or on our facebook page.
SPECIAL CONTRIBUTION TO PROJECTS: